Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Crystal Young: Be Very Jealous

This past week I had the opportunity to take a "vacation" and go with the V8 Ranch Brahmans down to the Rio Grande Valley Livestock Show in Mercedes, Texas. For those of you who aren't familiar with Texas geography, this is a little town approximately 6 miles from Mexico.

But...even if you haven't heard of the town of Mercedes, I would bet that most of our readers know something about this little Texas town, also known as the home of Rios of Mercedes and Anderson Bean boots!

Being the self proclaimed boot snob that I am, I was ecstatic to get myself within the vicinity of the Mercedes boot store. As soon as I could tear myself away from the stock show, I headed over to the boot store. Now there is a rumor going around other boot snob circles that you can go to this factory store and get boots for next to nothing. Or, that you can drop off your worn out boots there and get them re-soled and re-conditioned. And I am  happy to report, yes, these rumor is true. There were boots priced there from $100 on up.



Though I perused the store for about 30 minutes, unfortunately I did not find anything that I felt I necessarily HAD to have. But, one of my friends picked up 7 pairs of boots at the show, and another friend of mine got 2 pair.

Nonetheless, I'm still happy to say that yes, I have personally visited the Rios of Mercedes and Anderson Bean Boot headquarters. So go ahead Crystal, be jealous. :)

2 comments:

  1. Love it! And boots for $100, it may just be worth the plane ticket down there. I have no idea what I would do with seven pairs of boots.

    www.cdycattle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is hilarious!! Crystal - I'll take the trip to Mercedes with you - I LOVE that area - so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete