Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Too TALL to Kick Off?


The past few weeks have been nothing short of amazing. I (Joelynn) am finally back in the office and feel like I’m getting the hang of things, but more importantly, have had the chance to travel to amazing places and events, meet some of our industry’s leaders, and hear from extremely influential people in their given field. I have 100% been enlightened and look at our industry from a totally different perspective. Look for that blog post coming soon ;)

One of the events I had a chance to attend was the TALL dinner in East Bernard, Texas on July 27th. For those of you who do not know what TALL is, it’s an organization for Texas Agriculture Lifetime Leaders. A group, or class, of 26 people from across the state of Texas is chosen to travel to different ag industry sights from Amarillo to the gulf. It is a bit challenging to explain, but essentially, it is some of Texas’s finest agriculture leaders learning more about the industry through first hand experiences in each field. The group had just left J.D. Hudgins before coming to the dinner. The following night, they each got to ride in a police car in Houston city. Like I said, it covers everything. Pretty cool!

What was so neat was to hear what each of the class members did within the industry. From dairy to wine to fisheries, each had their own view of agriculture and what was important. It was most definitely one of those nights I would like to relive from a different perspective… maybe a classmate perspective?


The following week brought the Bluebonnet Kick Off Classic Brahman Show in Brenham, Texas. Wow! What an event! I love cattle shows, there is no denying that. But Brahman shows are becoming my favorite. Humor is easy to find around the barns, but so is the care and sportsmanship that is easily noticed in the show ring.

Here are a few of my favorite shots from the ring, be sure to pick up a copy of the Fall Brahman Review to see some of the really cool shots Stacey Shanks got too!



Though I may still be a little tired from my travels, I am so excited to get working on new stories and clients that were picked up over the past two weeks. Congrats to the TALL Class of 2011-2012 and to everyone who exhibited at Kick Off!

No comments:

Post a Comment